INTERNSHIP – Game Designer
A team of all trades.
Although Team6 has been in the gaming industry for over 18 years, we still consider ourselves being a young and dynamic company. Developing games for all kinds of platforms, from top 10-mobile games to a great diversity of games for all the latest consoles keeps us creative and always aiming for the skies.
We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic and ambitious student who is up for an awesome learning experience! During your internship, you’ll get the chance to develop your skills by working alongside our team on different subjects. You will be involved in the game design process, from concept- to polish phase. While acting as a Game Design intern you will also be assisting our team on level, content, system and feature design. Are you a strong communicator and are you passionate about making games? Then you might be the intern that we’re looking for!
- You’re currently enrolled in a relevant game development education
- Solid understanding of the game development cycle
- Solid understanding of game mechanics and game flow
- Experience with UE4 and/or Unity 3D
- Strong sense of what makes gameplay compelling and fun
- Able to create clear, detailed and structured game design documentation
- Able to analyze playtest results and use this date to improve the overall game design
- Creative problem solving skills
- Able to manage priorities and meet schedule commitments
- Open for feedback and able to process this feedback
- A self-driven attitude to continue learning and improving your skillset
- Strong English communication skills in both verbal and written capacity
- Extensive knowledge of the racing genre is a plus
- Passionate about the newest techniques and developments when it comes to game design
- Up to date with the latest software and hardware developments
- Experience with different development methodologies, experience with Agile and Waterfall methodology is a plus
TEAM6 AS A COMPANY:
Our name resembles our core beliefs, the best games are not made by individuals but by teams that have passion for games. Learning and inspiring each other is what we excel at. We put a lot of time in building a culture where our Team6-ers can thrive and enjoy a great atmosphere to, not only work in, but share their passion for creating games with their fellow Team6 members. We truly believe that it’s essential to share your passion and knowledge amongst like-minded people to create the best possible games. That’s why we are known for our informal and flexible family-like work culture, while maintaining a professional attitude. You can say we aim for the best of both worlds. If that didn’t convince you yet, we also offer you:
- A diverse workforce with different nationalities and cultures
- Full-time internship with room for personal growth
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on the actual developed games, input and various visions are appreciated
- A beautiful office location nearby the station surrounded by various pubs, restaurants and nearby the forest. Located in the same building as the cinema, library and theater
We strongly prefer candidates that live nearby the studio in Assen, the Netherlands, or are willing to relocate to a place nearby our studio.
If you share our ideology, want to become a great addition to our family and enrich us with your awesome talents, then we would love for you to reach out to us! Don’t worry if your profile doesn’t match all the requirements. Internships are there to learn from, so we will gladly help you where needed! Please send your application (including resume and portfolio) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us!